Updated: May 1, 2023
The Websites are not directed to users under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect information or data from children under the age of 13 or knowingly allow minors under the age of 13 to use the Websites. If a user under 13 submits information through our Websites, and we learn the person submitting the information is under 13, we will attempt to delete this information as soon as possible. If you are aware of a user under the age of 13, contact us by the Contact Form link at the end of this Policy.
WHAT WE COLLECT
We collect and process your information when you voluntarily submit an inquiry through our Websites, email us, or otherwise engage with us, such as by registering to an event we organize or sponsor, or participating in online discussions in our Slack Community or GitHub Issue queues.
You can submit an inquiry to us through our Websites or by email. You can also participate in online discussions, or register to events we sponsor or organize. Content may also be entered into any ‘free text’ boxes on our forms; comments in our chat forms, and communications with us on social media and other platforms (like LinkedIn, GitHub, Twitter, and YouTube), or messaging services (like Slack). In these cases, we may process information such as your name, name of the business or organization you are affiliated with, email address, and the content of your inquiry or community discussion.
We refer to this type of data as "Contact Information".
We also collect your email address if you register to receive email updates from us. We refer to this as “Newsletter Registration Information”.
You do not have a legal obligation to provide us your Contact Information, or Newsletter Registration Information. However, if you choose to not share this information with us, we may not be able to respond to your inquiry, send you the email updates you asked for or admit you to the event you wish to participate in.
We also collect analytics information and logs about how visitors use our Websites.
When you visit our Websites, we collect certain information about your interaction with the Websites, including the IP address from which you access the Websites, time and date of access, type of browser used, language used, links clicked, and actions taken while using the Websites.
We refer to this data as "Analytics".
Cookies are packets of information sent by our servers to your web browser and then sent back by the browser each time it accesses our servers.
The cookies may contain a variety of information, such as the Websites’ pages you have accessed, session durations and IP addresses.
Some of the cookies may expire when the session ends, and you close your browser. Other cookies are saved on your computer’s hard drive. To block the Websites’ cookies, use the browser’s help button and follow the necessary instructions. However, bear in mind that disabling cookies may complicate or even prevent you from accessing the Websites or certain features on it.
Information We Collect from Third-Party Sources
We may occasionally receive your personal information from third-party sources including our affiliates, marketing and research partners, and companies such as ZoomInfo and Seamless.
Users of our Websites may also provide your personal information when they identify you as a billing, support, or technical contact, or when inviting you to use our Websites or attend our events.
The types of information we collect from third parties may include contact information, demographic data, and content and communications. We use this information to maintain and improve the accuracy of the records we hold about you, identify new customers, and provide a more tailored advertising experience. We may combine this information with other information we collect about you through our Websites.
When you are asked to provide personal information, you may decline. But if you choose not to provide information that is necessary to provide certain Websites, those Websites may not be available or function correctly.
HOW WE USE YOU PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Providing our Websites: In reliance on our legitimate interest, we may process your personal information to operate and administer our Websites;
- Providing necessary functionality: We process your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interest to provide you with the necessary functionality required during your use of our Websites;
- Transactional considerations: We may process your personal information to complete transactions, and send you related information, including purchase confirmations and invoices, to perform our contract with you and to the extent necessary in reliance on our legitimate interest;
- Handling contact and support requests: If you fill out a “Contact Us” web form or request support as a User, or if you contact us by other means including via Slack, GitHub, or email, we process your personal information to perform our contract with you and/or (if we have not entered into a contract with you) to the extent it is necessary for our legitimate interest in fulfilling your requests and communicating with you;
- Administering Events: We process your personal information to plan and host events or webinars for which you have registered or that you attend, including sending related communications to you, billing, registration and to connect you with other event attendees, to perform of our contract with you, or to the extent necessary for our legitimate interests in fulfilling your requests to attend any such events;
- Developing and improving our Websites: We process your personal information to analyze trends and to track your usage of and interactions with our Websites to the extent it is necessary for our legitimate interest in developing, improving and troubleshooting our Websites, marketing activities and the Neural Magic Products and providing you with more relevant content and service offerings, or where necessary, in reliance on your consent;
- Sending marketing communications: We will process your personal information for marketing purposes in accordance with your preferences, such as to communicate with you via email about services, features, surveys, newsletters, promotions, or events we think may be of interest to you and/or to provide other news or information about Neural Magic and/or our select partners, in each case in reliance on our legitimate interest in conducting direct marketing or where necessary with your consent. To stop receiving marketing emails from us, click on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such emails or by contacting us at the contact details set forth below;
- Displaying personalized advertisements and content: We process your personal information to conduct marketing research, advertise to you, provide personalized information about us on and off our Websites and to provide other personalized content based upon your activities and interests to the extent it is necessary for our legitimate interest in supporting our marketing activities or advertising the Neural Magic Products or, where necessary, to the extent you have provided your prior consent;
- Promoting the security of our Websites: To the extent necessary for our legitimate interests in promoting the safety and security of our Websites, we use your personal information to investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorized access to the Websites, and other illegal activities;
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products and features, enhancing, improving or modifying our products and services, identifying usage trends and expanding our business activities in reliance on our legitimate interests;
- Complying with legal obligations: We process your personal information when cooperating with public and government authorities, courts or regulators in accordance with our legal obligations under applicable laws to the extent this requires the processing or disclosure of personal information to protect our rights or is necessary for our legitimate interest in protecting against misuse or abuse of our Websites, protecting personal property or safety, pursuing remedies available to us and limiting our damages, complying with judicial proceedings, court orders or legal processes or to respond to lawful requests. As a U.S. company, Neural Magic is prohibited under U.S. laws and regulations from engaging in business, directly or indirectly, with certain countries and persons designated by the U.S. government. To comply with such laws and regulations, including for purposes of compliance with the Office of Foreign Assets Control guidelines and sanctions program, Neural Magic may request additional personal information and process such additional personal information for purposes of compliance with a legal obligation to which Neural Magic is subject.
- Reviewing compliance with applicable usage terms: We process your personal information to review compliance with our contract with you or your organization (where applicable) to the extent that it is in our legitimate interest to ensure adherence to the relevant terms.
- Through the device you use to access our Websites, including through third-party cookies and analytics tools, such as Google Analytics; and
- Other purposes: We will process your personal information for other purposes about which we notify you in advance, or for which we receive your consent. In general, we collect and process personal information about you, as necessary to provide the Websites you use, operate our Websites and business, meet our contractual and legal obligations, protect the security of our systems and our customers, or fulfill other legitimate interests as described in this Policy and in our notices to you.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
|Scenario||Purposes||Third Parties Involved|
|We will share your information with our service providers who assist us with the internal operations of the Websites. These companies are authorized to use your personal information in this context only as necessary to provide these services to us and not for their own promotional purposes.||Operating the Websites and our business.||Google Analytics|
Subject to the following additional Policies:
|If you abused your rights to use the Websites or violated any applicable law while doing business with us.||Responding to, handling, and mitigating suspected violations of law in connection with our business.||Competent authorities, legal counsels, and advisors.|
|If a judicial, governmental, or regulatory authority requires us to disclose your information.||Complying with a binding request from a competent authority.||Competent authorities.|
|If the operation of the Websites or our business is organized within a different framework or through another legal structure or entity.||Enabling a structural change in the operation of the Websites and our business.||The target entity of the merger or acquisition, legal counsels, and advisors.|
SECURITY AND RETENTION
We retain your Contact Information, Newsletter Registration Information and Analytics for as long as we need it for business purposes, and thereafter as needed for record-keeping matters.
We will retain your information for the duration needed to support our ordinary business activities in operating the Websites. Thereafter, we will still retain it as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, establish, and defend legal claims and enforce our agreements. The overall period of retention is approximately 7 years.
We implement measures to secure your information.
We implement measures to reduce the risks of damage, loss of information, and unauthorized access or use of information, such as HTTPS. However, these measures do not provide absolute information security. Therefore, although efforts are made to secure your personal information, there is no guarantee that it will be immune from information security risks.
LINKS TO OTHER PLATFORMS
You may participate in our community discussions through the Slack platform operated by Slack Technologies, LLC or through GitHub operated by Microsoft. To participate in our community discussions, you need to be a registered user of those respective platforms.
We are not responsible for Slack Technologies’ or Microsoft’s use of the personal information you provide on or through Slack or GitHub. Slack Technologies’ and Microsoft’s use of the information you provide is governed and controlled by Slack Technologies and Microsoft, not by this Policy or Neural Magic.
We may make changes to this Policy from time to time. You will be able to see that we made changes by checking the effective date above. If we decide to use or disclose information that identifies you personally in a way that is materially different from what we stated in our Policy at the time we collected that information from you, we will let you know via email and/or a prominent notice on our site, prior to the change becoming effective and update the “Updated” date at the top of this Policy.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding this Policy, or our processing of your personal information, contact us:
55 Davis Square, STE 3
Somerville, MA 02144
ATTN: Privacy Compliance
Contact Form: https://neuralmagic.com/contact