SOFTWARE ENGINEER IN TEST
The Neural Magic software development team is responsible for creating Neural Magic’s machine learning acceleration technology. We are looking for a lead role in QA / Integration / Testing to build scalable tools and infrastructure that will help our engineers develop, test, debug and release software quickly. This person should be passionate about code health, testability, maintainability and development of best practices.
PRIMARY JOB REQUIREMENTS
Our software is a mix of Python and C++. The test suite uses these languages as well as integrations with Jenkins, Phabricator, and Bitbucket. The Software Engineer in Test will support and extend the build and test infrastructure and work with software development to improve testability of current and future products.
- Work with team to develop new and refine existing product testing and quality processes.
- Assess overall product quality approach. Plan, execute, monitor and validate testing processes.
- Define and develop sustainable test code to support product functionality and performance.
- Lead the integration process and mentoring to others in the testing team.
- Provide technical expertise within a highly skilled engineering team, driving best practices in product testing.
- Create and manage integration testing processes.
- Actively engage in all phases of the development process to drive design for testability.
- 3+ years experience supporting and releasing portable code
- Experience writing and maintaining test suites that are a mix of Python, C++ and Bash.
- Experience with C/C++
- Experience with Linux administration
- Familiarity with Jenkins, Phabricator, BitBucket
- Familiarity with one or more machine learning frameworks including but not limited to Tensorflow, PyTorch, Caffe
- Like to learn new technology concepts
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or related technical field
COMMUNICATION AND CULTURE
- Self-directed practitioner who learns fast and is comfortable operating in a blank slate environment
- Strong communications skills with both technical and non-technical team members
- Strong sense of project ownership and personal responsibility